    me to get my head around how to do it as I'm a bit of a newbie!!

    Many thanks

    Stu
    Stu, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Stu

    Ric Castagna Guest

    Stu,

    A couple options come to my mind...

    A) User "modal" style windows and pass the information from form to
    form using querystring parameters. This would most resemble a Windows
    Wizard type of environment.

    B) programmatically show/hide panels and controls on a single web
    form.

    You will still have some hurdles to overcome. In both cases you'll
    need to evaluate the proper criteria in order to show the proper next
    "screen". This could be problematic for the wizard environment as the
    postback from form1.aspx will need to evaluate all the data, determine
    the next screen to show, package up the existing form's info and send
    it to the next form. Of course, that next form will need to have
    buckets to hold all the incoming data from the sending form. You can
    see, this could become a big, big undertaking.

    The second option is a bit easier to handle as all the pertinent data
    will be held within a single form and therefore easily evaluated and
    stored for displaying the panels and ultimately saving the data off to
    a database.

    I'm sure there are more options out there, but hopefully this will get
    you started on the path.

    Take care,
    Ric

    Ric Castagna, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Stu

    Stu Guest

    Many thanks Ric

    Sounds like I've got many late nights and lots of thick books to read !!!

    Stu, Feb 26, 2004