wlftg17 modelsim temp file beeing too big (corret post, ignore the old post)

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Oleg, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Oleg

    Oleg Guest

    Hi,
    There is probleme with modelsim exiting a simulation because of the
    Hard Disk Drive (HDD)is full. modelsim write file named wlf17 of 1.42
    Gb of size in the temp folder , this causes windows and other
    applications (modelsim) not to have enough space to run correctly so
    modelsim quit simulation and exit or windows is freezed. I know that
    the simplest solution is to free more space in the HDD, but if you
    have a simulation that runs for up to 8 hours of real time you would
    like to try to get some useful info from that temp file or the ideal
    is
    to know how to use it to continue a simulation once you solve the HDD
    space problem (note to repeat the sim all over again). I know also
    that we can use a TEXTIO output to keep a modelsim output data writen
    in the HDD but if simulation is aborted then you have to restart it
    all over again because your TEXTIO in note complet.
    N.B : I simulate error correction code so for BER of 10^^5 we have to
    send 10^^7 bits. each bit is processed durring one clock cycle, that
    explaine why our wlftg17 file is that big and why it takes that much
    time.

    My question is how to use this wlftg17 to continue aborted simulation
    or at least to view the wive form ??? or could some budy explain what
    this file is used for and what it containe????

    Thank in advence.
    Oleg, Apr 5, 2004