wlftg17 modelsim temp file

Oleg

Hi,
There is probleme with modelsim exiting a simulation because of the
Hard Disk Drive (HDD)is full. modelsim write file named wlf17 of 1.42
Gb of size in the temp folder , this causes windows and other
applications (modelsim) not to have enough space to run correctly so
modelsim quit simulation and exit or windows is freezed. I know that
the simplest solution is to free more space in the HDD, but if you
have a simulation that runs for up to 8 hours of real time you would
like to try to get some usful info from that temp file or the ideal is
to know how to use it to continue a simulation once you solve the HDD
space problem (note to repeat the sim all over again). I know also
that we can use a TEXTIO output to keep a modelsim output data wtiten
in the HDD but if simulation is aborted then you have to restart it
all over again because your TEXTIO in note complet.
N.B : I simulate error correction code so for BER of 10^^5 we have to
send 10^^7 bits. each bit is processed durring one clock cycle, that
explaine why our wlftg17 file is that big.
Thank in advence.