Won't read my web.config file!!

John

Hi,
Trying to troubleshoot a web app. I'm getting the usual "set your
web.config file to customErrors mode="Off"" message.

Anyway, I DO have a web.config file in the root of the app, but it's not
reading it because i DO have customErrors mode=Off

Why won't it use this file!?
Thanks

Damien

John said:
Hi,
Trying to troubleshoot a web app. I'm getting the usual "set your
web.config file to customErrors mode="Off"" message.

Anyway, I DO have a web.config file in the root of the app, but it's not
reading it because i DO have customErrors mode=Off

Why won't it use this file!?
Thanks

Hi John,

this is normally caused when either
1) Your application root is a subdirectory below the wwwroot, and has
not been marked as an application, or,
2) Your application root is a virtual directory haning off of another
directory, and the virtual directory has had application removed, or,
3) (I believe), if the page you're trying to access is within a
subdirectory of the application, and the subdirectory *has* been marked
as an application.

In short, in all 3 cases, IIS is looking for web.config either too high
or too low in your directory structure, and not reading the one you've
been editing.

Damien