Woodring's custom thread pool with IHttpAsyncHandler

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by buzz, Nov 22, 2004.

  1. buzz

    buzz Guest

    I am evaluating Mike Woodring's custom thread pool classes
    (Developmentor) for use with an ASP.NET project that will be
    implementing pages derived from IHttpAsyncHandler. (Recommended by the
    famous Fritz Onion article on IHttpAsyncHandler...)

    I understand most of the code, however I am at a losss of the purpose of
    the ThreadInfo class. It appears that it is used to get the current
    HTTP context object for a worker thread?? But, can't the HTTP context
    object be passed to a worker thread via the WorkRequest object? Is it
    due to the HTTP context object being created(?) with respect to the
    request thread?

    If anyone has used the custom thread pool code, can you give me an
    executive summary on the ThreadInfo class, or point me to some
    documentation?

    thanx

    buzz
    buzz, Nov 22, 2004

  2. buzz

    Scott Allen Guest

    buzz:

    It looks like Thread info does a number of other useful things, like
    propogate the first thread's current principal, the CallContext, and
    sometime in the future perhaps any code access security information
    from the other thread. It is all neatly encapsulated in one class for
    the caller to use instead of coding it each time.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 23, 2004