Woodring's custom thread pool with IHttpAsyncHandler

buzz

I am evaluating Mike Woodring's custom thread pool classes
(Developmentor) for use with an ASP.NET project that will be
implementing pages derived from IHttpAsyncHandler. (Recommended by the
famous Fritz Onion article on IHttpAsyncHandler...)

I understand most of the code, however I am at a losss of the purpose of
the ThreadInfo class. It appears that it is used to get the current
HTTP context object for a worker thread?? But, can't the HTTP context
object be passed to a worker thread via the WorkRequest object? Is it
due to the HTTP context object being created(?) with respect to the
request thread?

If anyone has used the custom thread pool code, can you give me an
executive summary on the ThreadInfo class, or point me to some
documentation?

thanx

buzz

Scott Allen

buzz:

It looks like Thread info does a number of other useful things, like
propogate the first thread's current principal, the CallContext, and
sometime in the future perhaps any code access security information
from the other thread. It is all neatly encapsulated in one class for
the caller to use instead of coding it each time.