Word.Application Dictionary?

James

I'm using Server.CreateObject(Word.Application) to execute a spell check.
Works fine, but we'd like to add a few of our more common company-isms to
the dictionary, as they're getting flagged every time. I tried opening Word
on the Server and adding one to the dictionary. I also tried it locally
(which didn't make any sense, but still). The word still shows up as an
error. Is there a way to customize this dictionary?

Thanks,
James

Tom B

As a guess, I would suspect your customization of the dictionary would go
with the profile.

So, log in as the user that IIS is running under and try customizing it
there.

TomB

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

James said:
I'm using Server.CreateObject(Word.Application) to execute a spell check.
Works fine, but we'd like to add a few of our more common company-isms to
the dictionary, as they're getting flagged every time. I tried opening
Word
on the Server and adding one to the dictionary. I also tried it locally
(which didn't make any sense, but still). The word still shows up as an
error. Is there a way to customize this dictionary?

Watch out!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757