word automation in asp.net

Rachel

I have just started to rewrite an application using ASP.NET. One of
the main features of the application is automated letter production.
In the old application this had been accomplished using Word
Automation and mail merge. There doesn't seem to be very much
information on the net on how to accomplish this in ASP.NET. Can
anyone point me in the right direction?
Rachel.

Chris Jackson

You'll want to use COM Interop to do this. Right click on references, add a
new reference, and then select the Word objects you were using from the COM
tab of the dialog that pops up. VS.NET will create wrapper classes for you
that will enable you to work directly with these objects. If you aren't
using ASP.NET, then you have a bit more work to do...