    before sending to the database.
    Thanks in advance.

    JC

    Juan C. Santaella, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Hi, when you copy from a MS WORD document and paste into a textarea control
    in a asp page. If you take a look at the code, its not simple text, and
    sometimes when you insert it into a DB, gives you an error.
    JC

    Juan C. Santaella, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Juan C. Santaella

    ljb Guest

    "Juan C. Santaella" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, when you copy from a MS WORD document and paste into a textarea

    control
    > in a asp page. If you take a look at the code, its not simple text, and
    > sometimes when you insert it into a DB, gives you an error.

    Although this doesn't "clean" the text I have bypassed the DB errors by hex
    encoding the string and inserting it into the DB. When you display it again
    you need to un-hex encode it. This code will do it
    http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6804&lngWId=4

    LJB

    ljb, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Hi LJB, thank you very much... works great..!!
    JC

    Juan C. Santaella, Apr 29, 2004