word content inside asp.net master / content pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jobs, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. jobs

    jobs Guest

    I've got an asp.net 2.0 website that has a master page and content
    pages. For announcemnts, users modifiy plain old html pages that I then
    can bring into a div tag of a content page using the following vb.net
    code:

    Dim htmlin As String = System.IO.File.ReadAllText(Server.MapPath(".\")
    + e.CommandArgument)Announcements.InnerHtml = htmlin

    My question, what's the best way to allow users to edit and save a
    native word document file so that the web site can render it under it's
    master page design?

    If I save the word doc as a web page it creates a subfolder with all
    the images. And If I use the above technique to pull in the *.htm
    created, for some reason some images are not resolved and those that
    are don't seem to align right.

    If I save the file as a web archive, the above does not know what to do
    with that file type.

    The goal being I want to the word doc (in whatever format) inside a
    content page.

    jobs, Dec 11, 2006

  2. jobs

    clintonG Guest

    If I were to make a brief one-time comment about your question I would
    encourage you to review Microsoft's Open XML.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-88043838&z=17&l=0&m=h

    clintonG, Dec 13, 2006