Word documents not displaying correctly in link

tshad

I have set up an upload of doc and pdf files which works fine.

If I open up the uploaded files in Word it looks exactly like the my
originals.

If I open up the files from my web page so that it opens up in IE, it
displays ALMOST correct. On one of my pages I have a document that is Times
Roman 10 and 11. Not bolded. But when I select my link which was an
asp:Hyperlink object:

<asp:HyperLink id="DisplayResumeLink" visible=false Text="Display Uploaded
Resume" Target="_blank" runat="server"/>

I add in the NavigateURL and end up with the following on the page:

<a id="DisplayResumeLink" href="/uploads/resumescvl/Resume863_071502.doc"
target="_blank">Display Uploaded Resume</a>

This works correctly as far as bringing up a new window but it displays all
the text that is 11points as bolded text and 10 points it displayes
correctly???? The rest of the formatting looks fine. If I open it directly
in Word it looks right so the upload didn't screw up the file.

I would also like to force it to open it up in Word so as to allow users to
save the file as a Word document.

What is the problem here?

Thanks,

Tom