word documents to html?

West

What is the recommended software to convert Word documents to "bloat-free"
Html?

(I've done a Google search for "convert word doc to html", and am surprised
at the high cost of software like "Wordcleaner" and "EasyPro" etc. I imagine
there are other solutions?!)

kayodeok

(I've done a Google search for "convert word doc to html", and
am surprised at the high cost of software like "Wordcleaner" and
"EasyPro" etc. I imagine there are other solutions?!)

Do a google groups search and limit it to
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html.

This is an often asked question in that group (the solutions are free
of course).

Toby A Inkster

West said:
(I've done a Google search for "convert word doc to html", and am surprised
at the high cost of software like "Wordcleaner" and "EasyPro" etc. I imagine
there are other solutions?!)

Just use Word's "Save As HTML" feature and then use HTML Tidy
<URL:http://tidy.sourceforge.net/> to clean up Word's exported mess.

Alternatively look into OpenOffice.org's HTML export feature which is
nicer than Word's, and OpenOffice.org can open most Word files fine.

Or wvWare. Although the project homepage <URL:http://wvware.sourceforge.net/>
looks a bit dead, it is still being developed. The latest release of wv
was in September 2003 and the 0.2.1 beta release of wv2 was in November
2003.

lostinspace