Word Object problems

mcasey329

The following code hangs or gives me a "can not fire event" message

The code works from a windows app.
Fails in ASP.NET on the word.open call

I have done the following:

How to configure Office applications to run under a specific user account
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288367

Before doing the above the cod use to get an access denied on the
new word.application();

oWordApplic = new Word.Application();
object fileName = "filename.doc";
object readOnly = false;
object isVisible = true;
object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;

// hangs here or returns cant fire event msg
oDoc = oWordApplic.Documents.Open(ref fileName, ref missing,ref readOnly,
ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing,
ref missing, ref missing, ref isVisible,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,
ref missing);

Any ideas?, I have not found anything to help me yet.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

mcasey329 said:
The following code hangs or gives me a "can not fire event" message

The code works from a windows app.
Fails in ASP.NET on the word.open call
question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest