Word Object problems

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mcasey329, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. mcasey329

    mcasey329 Guest

    The following code hangs or gives me a "can not fire event" message

    The code works from a windows app.
    Fails in ASP.NET on the word.open call

    I have done the following:

    How to configure Office applications to run under a specific user account
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288367

    Before doing the above the cod use to get an access denied on the
    new word.application();

    oWordApplic = new Word.Application();
    object fileName = "filename.doc";
    object readOnly = false;
    object isVisible = true;
    object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;

    // hangs here or returns cant fire event msg
    oDoc = oWordApplic.Documents.Open(ref fileName, ref missing,ref readOnly,
    ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing,
    ref missing, ref missing, ref isVisible,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,
    ref missing);

    Any ideas?, I have not found anything to help me yet.

    mcasey329, Feb 4, 2005

  2. mcasey329 wrote:
    > The following code hangs or gives me a "can not fire event" message
    >
    > The code works from a windows app.
    > Fails in ASP.NET on the word.open call

    question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 5, 2005