Work Examples - Just for Travis Newbury

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Karl Core, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.

    *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel free to
    judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but comments like
    "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.

    Personal Sites -
    My own site - http://karlcore.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP
    My band - http://www.eightninethree.com/ , XHTML, CSS, uses a CMS I designed
    for bands
    Baltimore Punk & Hardcore - http://www.baltimorepunk.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP
    Punk Rock Worldwide - http://www.punkrockshows.com/ HTML, hybrid tables/
    CSS, PHP
    Usability Info - http://www.usabilityinfo.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP

    Works-for-hire
    http://www.silverpoint.net/ - Production only. I do not maintain this site
    at all.
    http://visi.org/gvpa/ - Production only. I do not maintain this site
    http://www.nasafcu.com/ambassador/ - I do not maintain this site
    http://www.precisionchassis.com/

    Any other sites, I am contracturally prevented from being able to list here.
    However, check back in a few weeks and I'll show you a real doozy. Proof
    that accessible, cross-browser, attractive, CSS layouts are not a myth.

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":

    Karl Core, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Karl Core

    Guest

    Karl Core wrote:
    > Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.
    >
    > *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel

    free to
    > judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but

    comments like
    > "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.
    >
    > Personal Sites -
    > My own site - http://karlcore.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP
    > My band - http://www.eightninethree.com/ , XHTML, CSS, uses a CMS I

    designed
    > for bands
    > Baltimore Punk & Hardcore - http://www.baltimorepunk.com/, XHTML,

    CSS, PHP
    > Punk Rock Worldwide - http://www.punkrockshows.com/ HTML, hybrid

    tables/
    > CSS, PHP
    > Usability Info - http://www.usabilityinfo.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP

    Hi,

    Your sites are all variations on the same thing. Menu on the left, a
    header and some text. All pretty boring. Not what the OP is going to
    impress the client with, accessible or not. That's the point of his
    post.

    > Works-for-hire
    > http://www.silverpoint.net/ - Production only. I do not maintain this

    site
    > at all.
    > http://visi.org/gvpa/ - Production only. I do not maintain this site
    > http://www.nasafcu.com/ambassador/ - I do not maintain this site
    > http://www.precisionchassis.com/

    A little better.

    oj

    > Any other sites, I am contracturally prevented from being able to

    list here.
    > However, check back in a few weeks and I'll show you a real doozy.

    Proof
    > that accessible, cross-browser, attractive, CSS layouts are not a

    myth.

    > --
    > -Karl Core
    > Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    > http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?action=band&item=boneyard

    , Dec 20, 2004

  3. Karl Core wrote:
    > Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.
    >
    > *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel

    free to
    > judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but

    comments like
    > "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.....

    Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

    --
    -=Tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message

    > Karl Core wrote:
    >> Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.
    >>
    >> *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel

    > free to
    >> judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but

    > comments like
    >> "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.....

    > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

    Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

    Karl Core, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Karl Core

    Kris Guest

    In article <cq7192$48l$>,
    "Karl Core" <> wrote:

    > > Karl Core wrote:
    > >> Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.

    > > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

    > Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

    Well ok, for the sake of good company.
    http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
    It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    "Kris" <> wrote in message
    > In article <cq7192$48l$>,

    >> > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

    >> Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

    > Well ok, for the sake of good company.
    > http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
    > It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

    I've always admired the work of Cinnamon Interactive. Very good stuff indeed

    Karl Core, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Kris wrote:
    > > > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

    > > Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

    > Well ok, for the sake of good company.
    > http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
    > It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

    Some of these examples would fall into what I would call the classic
    all CSS "blocky" look. (catagorizing nor criticizing) Others look
    nice. (I would check your spelling, I can not read a single word on
    any of the sites)

    Thanks Kris.

    --
    -=Tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 20, 2004
  8. Karl Core

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote:

    > I would check your spelling, I can not read a single word on
    > any of the sites

    Because it's dutch.

    --
    Kris