    Does anyone know if Microsoft will be fixing this "feature" or whether
    there's a work around to force the function to use the full image to scale?

    Thanks in advance for any comments.

    Comcast, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Comcast

    Comcast Guest

    Actually, I just figured out a kludgy workaround .....

    Use the Image.Save function to save the loaded jpg image to a temporary
    filename, then use LoadFromFile to "reload" that temporary file which won't
    be saved with a thumbnail image and then pass that image variable into the
    GetThumbnailImage function which will cause the full size image to be
    utilized for generating the thumbnail.

    Pretty Kludgy, but this seems to work ....

    "Comcast" <> wrote in message
    > I understand that one of the limitations of the Image.GetThumbnailImage()
    > function is that it's not really good for creating "large" thumbnails
    > because if it exists in the image file, the function will take the

    embedded

    Comcast, Jul 16, 2003