Worker Process Account for ASP.NET

Ajay Choudhary

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the default Worker Process Account for ASP.NET
Worker Process.
Following is my list -

IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 - ASPNET
IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 with Domain Contoller - IWAM_<machine name>

IIS 5.1 on Windows XP - ASPNET

IIS 6.0 with worker proccess isolation mode on Windows 2003 - NETWORK
SERVICE
IIS 6.0 with IIS5.0 isolation mode on Windows 2003 - ASPNET

Is the above list correct? Is there any MSDN document that documents this.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Ajay Choudhary

Brock Allen

Under Windows 2000 and WinXP the worker process runs as the local ASPNET
account. This can be configured in machine.config by changing username/password:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpgenref/html/gngrfProcessmodelSection.asp

Windows 2003 uses the identity as configured in IIS, and by default this
is the local Network Service account. This can be changed by selecting the
AppPool that your application is configured for and selecting the Identity
Tab and choosing a user there.