Worker process recycle question

John

Is the only criteria for worker process recycle 60% physical memory usage??
(I'm on W2K, default setup - I know you can change it in machine.config).

Because if so, when using SQL Server on the same machine (knowing how memory
hungry it can be!) this presumably often inhibits recycling??

In the past I've had .NET 1.1 & SQL Server 2000 running on a 256Mb machine
(!!) with a very fat session state (in-proc storage), and no recycle
problems..

John

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

John,

There are a ton of reasons why the worker process might recycle.
Deadlocks, crashes, health recylcing, etc.

What do you see in the Event Viewer Application log?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

bruce barker

no, there are several of causes for a recycle. too may recompiles, thread
failing to rundown, etc.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)