working ide for web service development

buki

Hi,

I have Eclipse 3.1.1 installed, but when I try to create a Web Service
with WTP 1.0 or 0.7.1 always the same exception arises: IWAB0014E
Unexpected exception occured.
I read I should use WTP 0.7.1 instead of WTP 1.0, but as already
mentioned both don't work. I tried with JBossIDE, but it doesn't work
either.
Has anybody hints for a working configuration or which packages I
should use and which not? Maybe somebody might tell me his/her
configuration? I need a working eclipse for web service development?

Regards,

Andi

jarfinder

buki said:
Has anybody hints for a working configuration or which packages I
should use and which not? Maybe somebody might tell me his/her
configuration? I need a working eclipse for web service development?

We're producing a lot of web services with fairly unstable signatures that
need to be consumed both from Java and .NET. We're also calling a few .NET
services from java. I can't guarantee that what follows is the best
solution, but this is what we've got working for us.

Although we're using jboss as our app service we ended using Axis to provide
the web services as this seemed to provide better .NET interoperability
with the services we initially tried it with.

We had a play with various Eclipse GUI options for generating web services
and decided that they were a fundamentally bad idea. Instead we generate
everything via an ant script using the java2wsdl and wsdl2java tasks. This
way we can easily regenerate everything when the interfaces change, and
aren't at the mercy of unexplained changes in Eclipse's behavior (like it
just plain stopping working for no apparent reason. grrr.). It is of
course very easy to run ant scripts from Eclipse.

I don't I have an example script to hand but can post one later if you like.

Hope this helps.

hjc

IchBin

Hi,

I have Eclipse 3.1.1 installed, but when I try to create a Web Service
with WTP 1.0 or 0.7.1 always the same exception arises: IWAB0014E
Unexpected exception occured.
I read I should use WTP 0.7.1 instead of WTP 1.0, but as already
mentioned both don't work. I tried with JBossIDE, but it doesn't work
either.
Has anybody hints for a working configuration or which packages I
should use and which not? Maybe somebody might tell me his/her
configuration? I need a working eclipse for web service development?

Regards,

Andi
You may get an answer from this NG but you may want to try newsgroup at
Eclipse

NNTP: new.eclipse.org

eclipse.webtools

If you do not have a password, you will need a one to post. You can find
it at the top of the following page ("Request a password"):
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA