    Regards,

    Andi

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. jarfinder Guest

    buki wrote:

    > Has anybody hints for a working configuration or which packages I
    > should use and which not? Maybe somebody might tell me his/her
    > configuration? I need a working eclipse for web service development?

    We're producing a lot of web services with fairly unstable signatures that
    need to be consumed both from Java and .NET. We're also calling a few .NET
    services from java. I can't guarantee that what follows is the best
    solution, but this is what we've got working for us.

    Although we're using jboss as our app service we ended using Axis to provide
    the web services as this seemed to provide better .NET interoperability
    with the services we initially tried it with.

    We had a play with various Eclipse GUI options for generating web services
    and decided that they were a fundamentally bad idea. Instead we generate
    everything via an ant script using the java2wsdl and wsdl2java tasks. This
    way we can easily regenerate everything when the interfaces change, and
    aren't at the mercy of unexplained changes in Eclipse's behavior (like it
    just plain stopping working for no apparent reason. grrr.). It is of
    course very easy to run ant scripts from Eclipse.

    I don't I have an example script to hand but can post one later if you like.

    Hope this helps.

    hjc

    -----

    Solve classpath errors fast
    http://www.jarFinder.com

    jarfinder, Feb 26, 2006

  3. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Eclipse 3.1.1 installed, but when I try to create a Web Service
    > with WTP 1.0 or 0.7.1 always the same exception arises: IWAB0014E
    > Unexpected exception occured.
    > I read I should use WTP 0.7.1 instead of WTP 1.0, but as already
    > mentioned both don't work. I tried with JBossIDE, but it doesn't work
    > either.
    > Has anybody hints for a working configuration or which packages I
    > should use and which not? Maybe somebody might tell me his/her
    > configuration? I need a working eclipse for web service development?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Andi

    You may get an answer from this NG but you may want to try newsgroup at
    Eclipse

    NNTP: new.eclipse.org

    eclipse.webtools

    If you do not have a password, you will need a one to post. You can find
    it at the top of the following page ("Request a password"):
    http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA