Working with a Memo Field

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David Lozzi, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. David Lozzi

    David Lozzi Guest

    Here is what I am trying to do

    filecont = objRS("contents")
    filecont = replace(filecont,vbLF,",")

    if i use the objRS instead of the filecont in the replace function i get the
    same issue. If I do anything with this field (use InStr, or other menial
    functions) I get no records can be displayed. The contents field is a memo
    field within Access, i am wondering if this is causing the issue?

    thanks

    --
    David Lozzi
    Associated Business & Technology Group

    I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

    David Lozzi, Aug 1, 2003

  2. David Lozzi

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Try:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=200124

    Cheers
    Ken

    "David Lozzi" <> wrote in message
    : Here is what I am trying to do
    :
    :
    : filecont = objRS("contents")
    : filecont = replace(filecont,vbLF,",")
    :
    : if i use the objRS instead of the filecont in the replace function i get
    the
    : same issue. If I do anything with this field (use InStr, or other menial
    : functions) I get no records can be displayed. The contents field is a memo
    : field within Access, i am wondering if this is causing the issue?
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : --