working with a subversion repo

Luke

I want to write a script that automatically generates a subversion
repository and configures apache serve the svn repo. Is there a python
module that will allow me to work with subversion? I am able to import
a module named "svn" on my ubuntu machine, but this module is not
available on windows. I also can't seem to find any documentation on
it. Thanks!

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

-On [20080117 17:21] said:
I am able to import a module named "svn" on my ubuntu machine, but this
module is not available on windows.

The entries libsvn and svn are installed in site-packages when you install the
Python (SWIG) bindings for Subversion.

Luke

-On [20080117 17:21] said:
I am able to import a module named "svn" on my ubuntu machine, but this
module is not available on windows.

The entries libsvn and svn are installed in site-packages when you install the
Python (SWIG) bindings for Subversion.

I'm sorry, I'm sort a n00b to python. Does that mean that libsvn and
svn are not modules? If they are modules, where can I find
documentation for them? What do they do?

-On [20080117 19:04] said:
Does that mean that libsvn and svn are not modules? If they are modules,
where can I find documentation for them? What do they do?

They are modules, but not part of a standard install.

Subversions uses a program called SWIG to generate APIs for various languages
(perl, python, ruby for example). The libsvn/svn modules you see in
site-packages are generated from Subversion's API by SWIG. So you need to
install, for most operating systems, the Subversion-Python package in order to
get these modules.

I am sure the Subversion project has adequate documentation on this on their
website. Just look for documentation on their (SWIG) bindings.