Working with an array

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Steve, Aug 24, 2008.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Not certain this is the correct newsgroup to post this, but I hope someone
    here can help me. I am creating an array from a form field, parsing it, then
    posting the data to a database using classic ASP. The problem I am
    encountering is that the data is doubling up when posting. For example, if
    there is only one item in the array, it will post twice. Below is the code I
    am using: If anyone could be of any assistance, I sure would appreciate
    it....

    if Request.Form.Count > 0 then
    if request.form("FormCouponCode") <> "" then
    formCpnCode = trim(request.form("FormCouponCode"))
    for i = 0 to 32
    formCpnCode = replace(formCpnCode,chr(i),"")
    next
    codeArray = split(formCpnCode,",")
    codeArrayCount = uBound(codeArray)

    for i = 0 to codeArrayCount
    item = codeArray(i)
    sql = "SELECT bucksID, bcksNo, bcksOrderID, bcksValue,
    bcksActive, bcksCpType FROM bobBucks WHERE bcksNo='" & item & "' and
    (bcksActive='yes' or bcksActive='Yes')"
    Set rst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
    rst.Open sql, cnn
    if rst.eof then
    isCouponGood="no"
    bckValue=0
    else
    isCouponGood=rst("bcksActive")
    bckValue=rst("bcksValue")
    end if
    dim rSql,rst1
    Set rst1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
    rSql = "Select * FROM sfTmpOrdersAE"
    rst1.Open rSql, cnn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
    rst1.AddNew
    rst1("odrtmpSessionId") = Session("SessionID")
    rst1("odrtmpCouponCode") = item
    rst1("odrtmpIsActive") = isCouponGood
    rst1("odrtmpValue") = bckValue
    rst1.update

    next
    end if
    end if

    Steve

    Steve, Aug 24, 2008

  2. Steve

    Old Pedant Guest

    "Steve" wrote:

    > Not certain this is the correct newsgroup to post this,

    It is.

    But it's not nice to post the same question multiple places. Means that you
    might cause several people to take the time to give you the same answers.

    At a minimum, you should mention that you have posted in the other forum(s).

    Anyway, I answered you here:
    http://www.aspmessageboard.com/forum/asp.asp?M=898576&T=898572&F=20&P=1

    Old Pedant, Aug 24, 2008

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I did not realize the two forums were so closely associated with each
    other...normally, I do not post at multiple forums, especially microsoft
    ones, but in this case I did not think anyone was going to reply at the asp
    message board....I do apologize if that has offended you or anyone else
    here.

    Steve

    Steve, Aug 24, 2008
  4. no harm, no foul.

    If I _had_ wasted time composing a reply, that would have been a different
    story :)

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 24, 2008
  5. Steve

    Old Pedant Guest

    "Steve" wrote:

    > I do apologize if that has offended you or anyone else here.

    No offense taken, at all. Didn't mean to imply any. And no, the forums
    aren't closely linked; I think only a handful of us see both. But, still,
    it's just good netiquette to say you are posting multiple places, so somebody
    can check to see that your question has already been answered, if they want
    to, to avoid repetition of work.

    Anyway, if I came on too strong, I apologize.

    Old Pedant, Aug 25, 2008
  6. Steve

    Old Pedant Guest

    "Steve" wrote:
    > Not certain this is the correct newsgroup to post this, but I hope someone
    > here can help me. I am creating an array from a form field, parsing it, then
    > posting the data to a database using classic ASP. The problem I am
    > encountering is that the data is doubling up when posting.

    If anyone cares... The problem had nothing to do with array usage. Steve had
    <input type=submit onclick="this.form.submit( );" ...>
    and so of course the HTML was submitting the form twice.

    Old Pedant, Aug 25, 2008