Working with COM/Serial/Parallel Ports?

SearedIce

Where should I start in my search for information about how to do this?

I have always wanted to learn and I think I finally have the
initiative.

Any C++ library files for doing this?

Thank you very much for your time,
John

Jerry Coffin

SearedIce said:
Where should I start in my search for information about how to do
this?

In a book devoted to the system you're trying to program them under.

If you don't have such a book, a newsgroup oriented toward that system
would probably be able to give you advice about a good one to get.

Srini

If you're programming under linux, you could find the "Linux serial
programming HOWTO" very helpful...
Its available in LDP...

Regards,
Srini