    Thanks in advance

    Thomas Philips

    , Nov 10, 2011

  2. Nathan Rice Guest

    For now, get started in Python 2.7. Write code with an eye to 3.x
    portability, and you will be fine. You probably won't see 3.x
    overtake 2.x for at least 3-4 years, and a decent amount of stuff is
    still 2.x only. Since it sounds like you are a windows/net shop, go
    ahead and use Iron Python.

    SQL Alchemy is your one stop shop. It is basically 3.x compatible,
    but see my previous statement about 3.x. I haven't used SQL Alchemy
    with SQL Server but honestly, SQL Alchemy is THE showcase python
    library -- I doubt you will run into any issues. Just google
    "sqlalchemy sql server", I'm sure there's a blog post explaining the
    specifics in detail.

    Nathan

    Nathan Rice, Nov 10, 2011