    advice....

    Thanks

    , Jul 17, 2006

  2. David Lozzi Guest

    I had simliar issues with posting Word documents to SharePoint that
    contained macros. When downloading the document, the macros wouldn't be in
    the document anymore. Are you running antivirus on your web server? What
    version web server? These could be related issues..

    --
    David Lozzi
    dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com

    David Lozzi, Jul 17, 2006

    Well here is the thing. right now it is on my development machine
    running XP pro and I do have nortons running on this machine.

    The ultimate end goal for my project would be to deliver and display
    excel sheet to the user. We understand that the user will have excel on
    their local machine.. Bottom line is we have excel sheets with simple
    buttons on them like "hide address" which would execute a marco that
    hides the address fields on excel. It seems that when we put the excel
    sheet in a browser the macros break....

    David Lozzi wrote:
    > I had simliar issues with posting Word documents to SharePoint that
    > contained macros. When downloading the document, the macros wouldn't be in
    > the document anymore. Are you running antivirus on your web server? What
    > version web server? These could be related issues..
    >
    > --
    > David Lozzi
    > dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com
    > www.delphi-ts.com
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >I am looking for a possible solution or bump in the right direction
    > > when working with excel on the web. Currently I am using and developing
    > > in visual studio 2005. Here is the situation I have a lot of
    > > spreadsheets with macros that I would like to deliver to people via a
    > > web application(read only for now maye not in the future).... Some
    > > problems that I am running into are:
    > >
    > > 1) macros do not work when embedding the excel sheet in the
    > > browser.(understaning clients would have to have excel installed)
    > > 2) Trying to figure out charting and graphing..
    > >
    > > Sorry I am still a bit new to all this and am looking for some
    > > advice....
    > >
    > > Thanks

    , Jul 18, 2006
  4. David Lozzi Guest

    hmm. My SharePoint box also has Symantec Antivirus. I wonder... I'll do a
    little research on that...

    --
    David Lozzi
    dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com