Working with Java and Smartcards

Susanne Kaufmann

Hello,

now I've been trying to work with the OpenCard-Framework (OCF) and even
buyed a book about it, but I have some problems.

At first, I cannot get my cryptoflex card working well with it. It must
be the ATR an the services....

But now I read really often, that the OCF is nearly dead, because there
is no support from the card vendors.

The point is, that I need to access the cards using Java, so my
question is:

Is there any alternative for OCF? I also read about IBM jcop tools, but
cannot find them anywhere at IBM...

Regards,

Susanne