Working with method-wrapper objects

Peer Dr. Griebel

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Python Management Console.
During inspection of my objects I stumbled over method-wrapper objects.
Such an object may be obtained e.g. as

method_wrapper = [].__str__

My problem is: This object is not a method, not a function, not a
method descriptor. And it is not a routine according to inspect.py.

So how do I work with it? I would like to be able to detect it. And
I would like to be able to issue a inspect.getargspec() on it.

As we are at it: I have a similar problem with
builtin_function_or_method's. These objects can't be inspected by
getargspec(). So is there some way to determine the argspec in some way?

Thanks
Peer