Working with Ring/Rinda

Shashank Date

I need some help in understanding the Ring API (even if it is "unstable" per
the author) which comes with Rinda library of DRb 2.0.4
(http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby/drb-2.0.4.tar.gz). I am using it with
ruby 1.8.0 (2003-08-04) [i386-mswin32] on Win XP.

Specifically if some one can demystify the three samples (ring_echo.rb,
ring_inspect.rb,ring_place.rb) that come with the distro, that will be
great ! There is very little documentation in English :-( (But there is some
schematics in Japanese which may be of help:
http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby/ring.html)

Just a few lines of explanation of what each of the scripts is supposed to
do, should get me started (I think).
I promise to put it up on the wiki once I figure it all out.

TIA,
-- shanko

ts

S> Specifically if some one can demystify the three samples (ring_echo.rb,
S> ring_inspect.rb,ring_place.rb) that come with the distro, that will be
S> great ! There is very little documentation in English :-( (But there is some
S> schematics in Japanese which may be of help:
S> http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/ruby/ring.html)

You have a translator at

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/

select the right checkbox and give it the URL

Sometimes it give something funny ...

Guy Decoux

Mauricio Fernández

That did not quite for me ...it simply converted the Japanese symbols to
Yen, $, and ? symbols.

It works fine for me, just select the correct direction
(Japanese -> English, the one on the right; I suggest that you learn
these 2 Kanji, I'm sure they'll be helpful in the future :).

Use the following URL:
http://tinyurl.com/x4od

--
_ _
| |__ __ _| |_ ___ _ __ ___ __ _ _ __
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

How do you power off this machine?
-- Linus, when upgrading linux.cs.helsinki.fi, and after using the machine for several months

Shashank Date

Mauricio Fernández said:
It works fine for me, just select the correct direction
(Japanese -> English, the one on the right; I suggest that you learn
these 2 Kanji, I'm sure they'll be helpful in the future :).

Use the following URL:
http://tinyurl.com/x4od

That worked ! Thanks a million :)