works but it doesn't work

Guest

hey all,

i working with the Publisher object model in an ASP.NET page. When I'm
working with my project locally everything works fine. However, when I deploy
the application to my app server, it won't work for the clients. Any reason
why? They're getting an IIS error. Is there something I need to configure for
IIS?

It's the "Page cannot be displayed" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
rodchar

Jeff Dillon

We need a little more information. Can the users browse to a simple test.htm
manually placed at the same location?

Jeff

Kevin Spencer

You have given us about as little information about the problem as is
possible. "won't work" is completely uninformative. "IIS error" is also
completely uninformative. The "Page cannot be displayed" error is the
generic error that Internet Explorer displays by default unless configured
to show exception details. It can mean almost anything is wrong on the
server.

In other words, from your description, we can make the following
assumptions:

1. The application seems not to be working as you intend on on or more
pages.
2. The problem is most likely on the server side.

That is all the information you have provided. You have narrowed the
possibilities down from about 10,000 to about 1,000, figuratively speaking.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Numbskull

Hard work is a medication for which
there is no placebo.

Guest

Actually, what was happening was Office was installed on my test web server
but when i went to deploy to live server office wasn't installed. so when i
try to Dim a new publisher it was failing. Do I have to install the full
Office on my web server just work with Publisher Object Model?

Sorry for the lack of info.

Kevin Spencer

You have to install Publisher.