works in all browsers but explorer

Discussion in 'HTML' started by osman, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. osman

    osman Guest

    Hi all,
    I've 2 Problems.
    You may use the techniques freely, if you like.

    Navigation is a css sprites variation (from alistapart).
    I've been trying to get the words to appear over the images correctly.
    On explorer it renders image over text only.... The menu is half legible.
    Strange.. Image on z-index: 1, text on z-index: 2.
    http://www.chameleonmoments.com/index.html
    http://www.chameleonmoments.com/styles.css

    The second problem is in a simple css thumbnail gallery.
    I'm hearing 'Box Model Hack' but I don't know what that means in practical terms.
    Where does it go and what kind.
    http://www.chameleonmoments.com/drawings2.html

    I'm sure its a simple fix for both.
    I just don't have explorer to check it with.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    osman, Nov 14, 2004

  2. On 14 Nov 2004 14:20:13 -0800, (osman) wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I've 2 Problems.
    >You may use the techniques freely, if you like.
    >
    >Navigation is a css sprites variation (from alistapart).
    >I've been trying to get the words to appear over the images correctly.
    >On explorer it renders image over text only.... The menu is half legible.
    >Strange.. Image on z-index: 1, text on z-index: 2.
    >http://www.chameleonmoments.com/index.html
    >http://www.chameleonmoments.com/styles.css
    >
    >The second problem is in a simple css thumbnail gallery.
    >I'm hearing 'Box Model Hack' but I don't know what that means in practical terms.
    >Where does it go and what kind.
    >http://www.chameleonmoments.com/drawings2.html
    >
    >I'm sure its a simple fix for both.
    >I just don't have explorer to check it with.
    >Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Site not working at all at the moment.

    <A message to top posters. Type your reply here>

    --
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur
    built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

    Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record, Nov 15, 2004

  3. osman

    osman Guest

    > Site not working at all at the moment.
    >
    > <A message to top posters. Type your reply here>

    It's fine. It worked on the day you posted too.
    There aren't many people who've had a stab at this.
    2 problems may be too much to ask.

    osman, Nov 29, 2004
  4. On 29 Nov 2004 05:04:30 -0800, (osman) wrote:

    >> Site not working at all at the moment.
    >>
    >> <A message to top posters. Type your reply here>

    >It's fine. It worked on the day you posted too.
    >There aren't many people who've had a stab at this.
    >2 problems may be too much to ask.

    It is working now, wasn't when I checked before.

    Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record, Nov 29, 2004
  5. osman

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record scribbled in
    the mud:

    Why?

    > On 29 Nov 2004 05:04:30 -0800, (osman) wrote:
    >
    >>> Site not working at all at the moment.
    >>>
    >>> <A message to top posters. Type your reply here>

    >>It's fine. It worked on the day you posted too.
    >>There aren't many people who've had a stab at this.
    >>2 problems may be too much to ask.

    > It is working now, wasn't when I checked before.
    >
    > <A message to top posters. Type your reply here>

    --
    Duende (better now)
    If you wear a smile,

    Duende, Nov 29, 2004
  6. osman

    I Osman Guest

    >I've been trying to get the words to appear over the images correctly.
    >On explorer it renders image over text only.... The menu is half

    legible.
    >Strange.. Image on z-index: 1, text on z-index: 2.
    >http://www.chameleonmoments.com/index.html
    >http://www.chameleonmoments.com/styles.css
    >
    >The second problem is in a simple css thumbnail gallery.
    >I'm hearing 'Box Model Hack' but I don't know what that means in

    practical terms.
    >Where does it go and what kind.
    >http://www.chameleonmoments.com/drawings2.html

    Simple fix? It was 10 minutes on a PC.

    Z-index is a red herring. Deleted the lines specifying it and the layer
    order is corrected.

    Box hack is not needed. Gave the container box a width (95%) and that's
    done.

    Thanks for the help all! (add irony)

    On another note... I'm on MT-Newswatcher now.. Google groups has changed
    and doesn't work. Opens one door to many windows (and cluttered monitor).

    I Osman, Dec 2, 2004