worst site ever?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Oct 10, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Oct 10, 2009

  2. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <kjbw190eryga.1dwiyrbi1wnm5$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > http://www.hosanna1.com/

    In Safari, if you Disable Styles (in Develop menu) and do not have the
    window unusually tall, it is a nice enough pic of Cherry Blossom tree
    with a couple of butterflies performing magic disappearing tricks. How
    many other really bad sites can be boast this?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 10, 2009

  3. richard wrote:

    > http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >
    > Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    Here's why:

    --
    -bts
    -Well, *there's* a clue!
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 10, 2009
  4. richard

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Oct 10, 2:44 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >
    > Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    But it has something "better" than a marquee. It has a popup window -
    at least Firefox claimed it blocked one.
    cwdjrxyz, Oct 10, 2009
  5. Per richard:
    >http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >
    >Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    Sheesh!... And I thought my own site was bad.... I feel *much*
    better now.... thanks!
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Oct 11, 2009
  6. richard

    David Segall Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >
    >Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    At least you can see it without using a recent version of Internet
    Explorer. Try the Israeli Air Force
    <http://www.iaf.org.il/Templates/HomePage/HomePage.aspx?lang=EN> in
    Firefox. I find it alarming because a web site is probably the
    simplest equipment they run and the more complicated stuff is deadly.
    David Segall, Oct 11, 2009
  7. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 10 Oct 2009, David Segall <> wrote:

    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >>
    >>Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    > At least you can see it without using a recent version of Internet
    > Explorer. Try the Israeli Air Force
    > <http://www.iaf.org.il/Templates/HomePage/HomePage.aspx?lang=EN> in
    > Firefox. I find it alarming because a web site is probably the
    > simplest equipment they run and the more complicated stuff is deadly.

    Just goes to prove that IE is "The Chosen Browser"...

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Oct 11, 2009
  8. richard

    freemont Guest

    On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:44:47 -0700, richard writ:

    > http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >
    > Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    I think it's purty.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    freemont, Oct 11, 2009
  9. On Oct 11, 1:10 pm, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > Yes, it's quite beautiful.  However, I am currently extremely stoned on
    > LSD so pretty much everything looks good to me.

    been there....
    Travis Newbury, Oct 12, 2009
  10. richard

    SAZ Guest

    SAZ, Oct 12, 2009
  11. SAZ wrote:

    > says...
    >> http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >>
    >> Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    > Did you see her other sites?
    >
    > http://www.3ahomebusiness.biz/
    >
    > http://www.aalf.ws/

    They all suffer from the same malady.

    ...and zero skills in design.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 12, 2009
  12. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Oct 11, 1:10 pm, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > > Yes, it's quite beautiful.  However, I am currently extremely stoned on
    > > LSD so pretty much everything looks good to me.

    > been there....

    I have never tried it but I did play chauffeur to a couple of LSD'd
    friends who insisted being driven about in their own city like tourists.
    I swore I would never do *that* again. These days, I dislike even seeing
    drunks and stoned people on film. It is about as interesting to me as
    walking about in a roomful of dead trout.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 12, 2009
  13. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <-september.org>, SAZ <saz1958@!nospammersexcite.com> wrote:
    >In article <kjbw190eryga.1dwiyrbi1wnm5$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >>
    >> Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    >Did you see her other sites?
    >
    >http://www.3ahomebusiness.biz/
    >
    >http://www.aalf.ws/

    "The most beautiful pages on the web." What an astonishing capacity for
    self-delusion.
    Doug Miller, Oct 12, 2009
  14. richard

    +mrcakey Guest

    "SAZ" <saz1958@!nospammersexcite.com> wrote in message
    > In article <kjbw190eryga.1dwiyrbi1wnm5$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >>
    >> Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    > Did you see her other sites?
    >
    > http://www.3ahomebusiness.biz/
    >
    > http://www.aalf.ws/

    She's got a special talent. Actually I wonder if she does have some kind of
    psychological abnormality. They do look like the product of a diseased mind.

    Amusingly, she's prefixed most of her page titles with "AAAA" etc, like
    she's wanting to get to the top of the Yellow Pages. Actually....

    --
    +mrcakey
    www.twitter.com/mrcakey
    +mrcakey, Oct 13, 2009
  15. On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:52:23 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
    > In article SAZ wrote:
    >>In article says...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >>>
    >>> Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    >>Did you see her other sites?
    >>
    >>http://www.3ahomebusiness.biz/
    >>
    >>http://www.aalf.ws/

    > "The most beautiful pages on the web." What an astonishing capacity for
    > self-delusion.

    Made my eyes bleed ...
    Allodoxaphobia, Oct 14, 2009
  16. Doug Miller wrote:
    > In article <-september.org>, SAZ <saz1958@!nospammersexcite.com> wrote:
    >> In article <kjbw190eryga.1dwiyrbi1wnm5$>,
    >> says...
    >>> http://www.hosanna1.com/
    >>>
    >>> Overloaded with background images galore but no marquee!

    >> Did you see her other sites?
    >>
    >> http://www.3ahomebusiness.biz/
    >>
    >> http://www.aalf.ws/

    > "The most beautiful pages on the web." What an astonishing capacity for
    > self-delusion.

    Wow, and after all those years where the science finally prevailed:
    "smoking can kill you", only to discover that this is all a lie. Who
    would have guessed! Hey the Earth is really flat too!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 17, 2009
  17. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Wings" <> wrote:

    > What's the big deal? She's having fun. Coders fit on a bell curve like
    > everything else - from bad to good. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be doing
    > it. I'm a poor coder myself, but if my site looks the way I want it to look,
    > who should give a fraps arse? Many coders crapping about bad sites are
    > really saying "look how great I am!" It gets soooooo tiresome.

    Does it now? Are they now? And you cannot hear any other message?

    What is tiresome is the persistent misunderstanding that if a site looks
    ok to one or two people, especially the author, then it is OK.

    Well, it is not OK at all. The very biggest companies sometimes have
    this attitude and they regard any complaint about their site as
    something for that particular user to address on his or her particular
    machine, with their assistance sometimes (do this and that and the other
    thing to your prefs or controls and it will be OK, their customer
    service or techs will tell the complainer).

    But the real fault is with the machinery behind their sites, they will,
    tweak the machinery in an ad hoc way to address every concern they come
    across that they cannot fob off as an individual unlikely case. And
    build a nightmare-to-maintain site that seems to ignorant managers to
    justifies their department's pay.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 21, 2009
  18. Edward A. Falk, Nov 30, 2009
  19. Edward A. Falk wrote:

    > RtS says...
    >> http://www.hosanna1.com/

    > Holy mother of god. It even tried to open a popup.
    >
    > I'm going to be charitable and guess that it was an entry in a
    > contest of some sort.

    Did you look in the source?

    --
    -bts