Worst site on the internet (at least I hope so)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jojo, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. jojo

    jojo Guest

    Hi all,
    I think I found on of the worst coded websites on the web:
    www.slavin-kastner.de

    It's the website of two doctors. I've already informed them that they
    have engage someone who had really no idea about HTML...
    Looking at the page really makes me think that even FrontPage creates
    good HTML code...
    Everything (except the start page) is not only based on images but only
    one big image and three control buttons for 'back', 'forward' and
    'menu'('menu' actually leads to the start page). Although the pages are
    mainly images the author managed it to get his code not validated...
    Really unique! (at least I hope so)
    One must be glad that the start page *is* HTML and not an image, but you
    can't even be glad about that if you look at the source. A table for
    layout, deprecated tags, ...
    But just look it up yourselves and let yourselves surprise!

    jojo

    jojo, Jul 27, 2006

  2. jojo

    Andy Dingley Guest

    jojo wrote:

    > I think I found on of the worst coded websites on the web:
    > www.slavin-kastner.de

    It's just MS Publisher / Adobe Golive code.

    Because the pixel-counting dezyners couldn't control everything
    perfectly, they rendered the fonts to bitmaps locally and uploaded them
    as a "page". Hardly a new problem.

    Besides, the World's Worst Webpage must _surely_ include both sound and
    an obscure plugin.

    Andy Dingley, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Michael Laplante, Jul 27, 2006
  4. Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  5. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Double it and raise ya'
    >
    > http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >
    > For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    Yep, that is still a winner in my book. <g>
    641145 bytes and nothing happens.

    After her initial irate blast, the webmistress refused to continue her
    dialog with me...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 27, 2006
  6. jojo

    jojo Guest

    Michael Laplante wrote:
    > I'll raise ya'
    >
    > http://www.mperkin.freeserve.co.uk/

    Yeah, you beat me. I've to search for some other sites...
    It really can be worse than the site I found... First I really did not
    believe that...
    Have you looked for the FEEDBACK-form? He (the site author) really asks
    for my salary... Don't think that's his business... But perhaps he
    ignores mails from people who earn not very much... And those from
    woman... Did I miss it when "female" was changed to "girlie"? (He asks
    if you are male or girlie...)

    jojo

    jojo, Jul 27, 2006
  7. jojo

    jojo Guest

    Jonathan N. Little schrieb:
    > Michael Laplante wrote:
    >> I'll raise ya'
    >>
    >> http://www.mperkin.freeserve.co.uk/

    > Double it and raise ya'
    >
    > http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >

    > For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    Nice, too! They could have packed their layout in an image and all
    browsers could view it... Perhaps they should ask the "web designer" who
    did the site I found... Or just use Adobe GoLive as Andy pointed out...

    jojo

    jojo, Jul 27, 2006
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Double it and raise ya'
    >>
    >> http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >>
    >> For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    > Yep, that is still a winner in my book. <g>
    > 641145 bytes and nothing happens.
    >
    > After her initial irate blast, the webmistress refused to continue her
    > dialog with me...

    She must have liked you, I could never get a reply!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  9. jojo

    Nije Nego Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:37:12 +0200, jojo wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I think I found on of the worst coded websites on the web:
    > www.slavin-kastner.de

    It's difficult to beat this one:
    http://www.rogerart.com/

    --
    buy, bought, bye

    Nije Nego, Jul 27, 2006
  10. "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    > Michael Laplante wrote:
    >> I'll raise ya'
    >>
    >> http://www.mperkin.freeserve.co.uk/

    > Double it and raise ya'
    >
    > http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >

    > For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    Had a quick look with FF and thought "What's the big deal? Looks kinda plain
    but otherwise okay. THEN I tried the links -- nada. Had a look at the code
    and had a WTF?! moment.

    Think I'll fold.

    Michael Laplante, Jul 27, 2006
  11. "Nije Nego" <"nije\"nego"@net.hr> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:37:12 +0200, jojo wrote:

    > It's difficult to beat this one:
    > http://www.rogerart.com/

    Like a train wreck. . . must look away, but . . . can't. Too awful.

    Michael Laplante, Jul 27, 2006
  12. jojo

    dorayme Guest

    In article <7ecc8$44c9056c$40cba7a0$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Michael Laplante wrote:
    > > I'll raise ya'
    > >
    > > http://www.mperkin.freeserve.co.uk/

    > Double it and raise ya'
    >
    > http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >

    > For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    You win! (like a whist type of game bet where you win by having
    the worst hand...)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 27, 2006
  13. jojo

    freemont Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:56:13 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> Double it and raise ya'
    >>>
    >>> http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >>>
    >>> For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    >> Yep, that is still a winner in my book. <g> 641145 bytes and nothing
    >> happens.
    >>
    >> After her initial irate blast, the webmistress refused to continue her
    >> dialog with me...
    >>

    > She must have liked you, I could never get a reply!

    Sure about that? She's linking to you, man!

    http://www.redskyibizans.com/REDSKYIBIZANS424_files/page0017.htm

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    freemont, Jul 27, 2006
  14. On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, freemont wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:56:13 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    > > She must have liked you, I could never get a reply!

    > Sure about that? She's linking to you, man!
    >
    > http://www.redskyibizans.com/REDSKYIBIZANS424_files/page0017.htm

    Gosh, what a mess of a page.

    And when I tried clicking on the link, nothing happened. Then,
    several seconds later, when I was about to leave, it suddenly burst
    into life and went to the link. I don't think I want to know what had
    been going on in the meantime.

    Alan J. Flavell, Jul 27, 2006
  15. freemont wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:56:13 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >> She must have liked you, I could never get a reply!

    > Sure about that? She's linking to you, man!
    >
    > http://www.redskyibizans.com/REDSKYIBIZANS424_files/page0017.htm

    The website owner, yes, webmaster a definite *no*. The website owner is
    a friend of mine she just made that mistake of hiring a 'professional'
    to make her site.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  16. Michael Laplante wrote:
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    >> Michael Laplante wrote:
    >>> I'll raise ya'
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mperkin.freeserve.co.uk/

    >> Double it and raise ya'
    >>
    >> http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >>

    >> For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    > Had a quick look with FF and thought "What's the big deal? Looks kinda plain
    > but otherwise okay. THEN I tried the links -- nada. Had a look at the code
    > and had a WTF?! moment.
    >
    > Think I'll fold.

    You *must* a late version of IE to see the site, it a MS Publisher
    abortion (no offense to dead babies). Look as the source an see
    Publisher's method of 'protecting' images.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  17. Nije Nego wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:37:12 +0200, jojo wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I think I found on of the worst coded websites on the web:
    >> www.slavin-kastner.de
    >>

    > It's difficult to beat this one:
    > http://www.rogerart.com/

    Naw, yes it is Pug-ugly but at least I can see something!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  18. jojo

    Nije Nego Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:54:10 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Michael Laplante wrote:
    >> "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message

    >>> Double it and raise ya'
    >>>
    >>> http://www.redskyibizans.com/
    >>>

    >>> For "full effect" don't use MSIE!

    >> Had a quick look with FF and thought "What's the big deal? Looks kinda plain
    >> but otherwise okay. THEN I tried the links -- nada. Had a look at the code
    >> and had a WTF?! moment.
    >>
    >> Think I'll fold.

    > You *must* a late version of IE to see the site, it a MS Publisher
    > abortion (no offense to dead babies). Look as the source an see
    > Publisher's method of 'protecting' images.

    One also should have a cinema screen to see it.

    --
    buy, bought, bye

    Nije Nego, Jul 27, 2006
  19. jojo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Nije Nego wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:37:12 +0200, jojo wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I think I found on of the worst coded websites on the web:
    >> www.slavin-kastner.de
    >>

    > It's difficult to beat this one:
    > http://www.rogerart.com/

    I sure wish you hadn't done that. I just threw up a perfectly good
    medium-rare filet mignon. Sheesh.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jul 28, 2006
  20. jojo

    David Guest

    Alan J. Flavell wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, freemont wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:56:13 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>
    >>> She must have liked you, I could never get a reply!

    >> Sure about that? She's linking to you, man!
    >>
    >> http://www.redskyibizans.com/REDSKYIBIZANS424_files/page0017.htm

    > Gosh, what a mess of a page.
    >
    > And when I tried clicking on the link, nothing happened. Then,
    > several seconds later, when I was about to leave, it suddenly burst
    > into life and went to the link. I don't think I want to know what had
    > been going on in the meantime.

    Yeah, created by another fine MicroShaft product

    <link id=Main-File rel=Main-File href="../REDSKYIBIZANS424.htm"

    David, Jul 28, 2006