Would a Dutch speaker please check this wiki page please?

Paul Rubin

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Selcuk_Altun

I suspect it's junk since it doesn't seem to mention Python and the website
it mentions doesn't seem to exist. Still, just in case...

I'm not a dutch speaker but treating it as garbled german-english
"captcha", I think it says: Welcome to the site www.keriwar.nl. The
site is online and if you have questions, first read the FAQ.

Googling "keriwar" finds
http://www.webscripters.be/leden/profiel.php?member=keriwar

Anyway I think you can junk the page.

Stef Mientki

Got a note about a new page on the Python Wiki:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Selcuk_Altun

I suspect it's junk since it doesn't seem to mention Python and the website
it mentions doesn't seem to exist. Still, just in case...
The only (incorrect) Dutch sentence on the whole site is:
"Welkom op me site www.keriwar.nl",
which should have been
"Welkom op mijn site www.keriwar.nl"
but that could be explained, while his name "Selcuk Altun" is not orginated from the Netherlands.
I just expect that he is trying to setup a wiki,
but that's too soon to give it a judgement.

cheers,
Stef Mientki

Martin P. Hellwig

Stef said:
The only (incorrect) Dutch sentence on the whole site is:
"Welkom op me site www.keriwar.nl",
which should have been
"Welkom op mijn site www.keriwar.nl"
but that could be explained, while his name "Selcuk Altun" is not
orginated from the Netherlands.
I just expect that he is trying to setup a wiki,
but that's too soon to give it a judgement.

cheers,
Stef Mientki

Could be Afrikaans too, but the page is gone now so I can't check.

skip

Martin> Could be Afrikaans too, but the page is gone now so I can't
Martin> check.

Actually, you can... ;-) Even though it's a nonexistent page, its history
still exists. Poke the "Get Info" link and view the first revision of the
file.

Skip

Martin P. Hellwig

Stef said:
The only (incorrect) Dutch sentence on the whole site is:
"Welkom op me site www.keriwar.nl",
which should have been
"Welkom op mijn site www.keriwar.nl"
Well actually in the next sentence "De site is online als je vragen hebt
lees eerst te F.A.Q." is incorrect too, "te F.A.Q." is grammatical and
logical incorrect, should be "de F.A.Q.".
Indeed it's not Afrikaans but just incorrect use of Dutch and not
related to python.

Paul Rubin

Martin P. Hellwig said:
Indeed it's not Afrikaans but just incorrect use of Dutch and not
related to python.

It was apparently posted by someone with a .be address, so I'll guess
it was written a Belgian French speaker who knows some Dutch. The
"me" vs "mijn" error sounds like something a French speaker might have
done.

Roel Schroeven

Paul Rubin schreef:
It was apparently posted by someone with a .be address, so I'll guess
it was written a Belgian French speaker who knows some Dutch. The
"me" vs "mijn" error sounds like something a French speaker might have
done.

To me (as a Belgian Dutch speaker) it sounds more like someone writing
phonetically (probably because of a low education or low interest in
writing correctly) and being from the Netherlands (since the
pronunciation of 'mijn' sounds more like 'me' there then in Flanders).

It's not unlike the use of "I should of" instead of "I should've" or "I
should have" in English, though much less common. At least I think and
hope it's much less common, but actually I don't read all that much
forums, newsgroups etc. in Dutch.

Hendrik van Rooyen

Could be Afrikaans too, but the page is gone now so I can't check.

No its not Afrikaans - the "me" would have had to be "my" and "site"
would have been "webwerf" - literally "web yard"...

Some Flemish dialect, perhaps?

- Hendrik