Would a Python 2.8 help you port to Python 3?

Steven D'Aprano

An interesting article from Lennart Regebro
http://regebro.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/would-a-python-2-8-help-you- port-to-python-3/
although I'm inclined to ignore it as it appears to be factual. We
can't have that getting in the way of plain, good, old fashioned FUD now
can we?

Thanks for that link.

People forget, or don't realise, that Python 2.7 *is* the 2.8 they are
looking for. Python 3 came out with 2.5. There have already been two
transitional releases, 2.6 and 2.7, which have partially introduced 3
features such as "from __future__ import division" etc.

Python 3.0 final was released on December 3rd, 2008, just two months
(almost to the day) after 2.6.

https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6
https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0