Would like to add an "upload" facility to my web site

Ramon F Herrera

(newbie alert)

This is what I have so far:

http://patriot.net/~ramon/upload_facility.html

The code is shown below. It seems I need that actual script that
performs the file transfer. I would prefer it in Python.

TIA,

-Ramon

---------------------------------------

<form action="upload_file.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-
data">
<label for="file">Name of file to be uploaded:</label>
<input type="file" name="file" id="file" />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upstream like the
salmons!" />
</form>

Ramon F Herrera

(newbie alert)

This is what I have so far:

http://patriot.net/~ramon/upload_facility.html

The code is shown below. It seems I need that actual script that
performs the file transfer. I would prefer it in Python.

TIA,

-Ramon

---------------------------------------

<form action="upload_file.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-
data">
    <label for="file">Name of file to be uploaded:</label>
    <input type="file" name="file" id="file" />
    <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upstream like the
salmons!" />
</form>

IMPORTANT Bonus question:

Where should I post this type of question about writing stuff for the
web????

-Ramon

Luis M. González

IMPORTANT Bonus question:

Where should I post this type of question about writing stuff for the
web????

-Ramon

I guess this question is framework specific.
Are you using any framework (django, pylons, etc...)?

Google Poster

I guess this question is framework specific.
No.

> Are you using any framework (django, pylons, etc...)?

Luis:

I have a commercial shell account. I can only edit the directory
~ramon/public_html.

I published one file already, I need the other.

Gracias!

-Ramon

Google Poster

I guess this question is framework specific.
Are you using any framework (django, pylons, etc...)?

Luis,

Allow me to make this more clear. I have my own servers, all of them
running Linux. I have been Linux sysadmin for more time than I care to
remember. However, I (on purpose) provided an example hosted at my
commercial shell provider. That was a deliberate decision, because I
am looking for the simplest possible solution.

I guess the question now is: Do I need root access to uploads files??

Gracias,

-Ramon