    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    Johnny

    Johnny Lee, Sep 12, 2005

  2. On 12 Sep 2005 00:12:29 -0700, "Johnny Lee" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
    >whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
    >Just like the F10 in VC...
    >
    >Thanks for your help.

    What about the "new" winpdb debugger.
    It looks really nice.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpdb/
    http://www.digitalpeers.com/pythondebugger/

    create a shortcut like:
    C:\Python24\python.exe C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\winpdb.py -t

    the -t switch is important, otherwise it starts in an
    encrypted mode".

    I have patched winpdb.py (about Line420):

    AC_CHAR = "\t"
    AC_EXIT = "Alt-X"
    AC_BREAK = "F4"
    AC_GO = "F5"
    AC_NEXT = "F10"
    AC_STEP = "F11"
    AC_GOTO = "Ctrl+F10"
    AC_TOOGLE = "F9"
    AC_RETURN = "Shift+F11"

    to accomodate the shortcuts to VC Debugger.

    --
    Franz Steinhaeusler

    Franz Steinhaeusler, Sep 12, 2005

  3. I myself used/use "Komodo" for all my developing, it's the best and
    easiest to use graphical IDE for python i've found thus far.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Varghj=E4rta?=, Sep 12, 2005
  4. SPE ships with a debugger as well: http://pythonide.stani.be It's free
    & open source.

    SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Sep 20, 2005
  5. >Johnny Lee wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
    >> whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
    >> Just like the F10 in VC...

    Not single stepping, but flow tracing, complete with variables,
    parameters and return values. Python Bug Validator.

    http://www.softwareverify.com

    Stephen
    --
    Stephen Kellett
    Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/software.html

    Stephen Kellett, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Johnny Lee

    Steve Holden Guest

    Johnny Lee wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
    > whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
    > Just like the F10 in VC...
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Johnny

    The pdb module is a basic starting point for Python's debugging
    features, and can be useful for a single attack on a single truculent bug.

    Wing IDE has a stepping debugger. It's not the only tool with this
    feature, but I've found it very convenient, and use it daily. You can
    download a one-month evaluation, as with many similar products.

    http://www.wingware.com/

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com

    Steve Holden, Sep 21, 2005