Would you pls tell me a tool to step debug python program?

Johnny Lee

Hi,
I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
Just like the F10 in VC...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Johnny

Franz Steinhaeusler

Hi,
I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
Just like the F10 in VC...

Thanks for your help.

What about the "new" winpdb debugger.
It looks really nice.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpdb/
http://www.digitalpeers.com/pythondebugger/

create a shortcut like:
C:\Python24\python.exe C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\winpdb.py -t

the -t switch is important, otherwise it starts in an
encrypted mode".

I have patched winpdb.py (about Line420):

AC_CHAR = "\t"
AC_EXIT = "Alt-X"
AC_BREAK = "F4"
AC_GO = "F5"
AC_NEXT = "F10"
AC_STEP = "F11"
AC_GOTO = "Ctrl+F10"
AC_TOOGLE = "F9"
AC_RETURN = "Shift+F11"

to accomodate the shortcuts to VC Debugger.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Varghj=E4rta?=

I myself used/use "Komodo" for all my developing, it's the best and
easiest to use graphical IDE for python i've found thus far.

Steve Holden

Johnny said:
Hi,
I've met a problem to understand the code at hand. And I wonder
whether there is any useful tools to provide me a way of step debug?
Just like the F10 in VC...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Johnny

The pdb module is a basic starting point for Python's debugging
features, and can be useful for a single attack on a single truculent bug.

Wing IDE has a stepping debugger. It's not the only tool with this
feature, but I've found it very convenient, and use it daily. You can
download a one-month evaluation, as with many similar products.

http://www.wingware.com/

regards
Steve