    Is Microsoft gradually killing off the newsgroups? There's been
    no --specific targeting-- for releases such as one would expect i.e.
    microsoft.public.aspnet.2 and so on and now nothing for WPF or Silverlight?
    Hillbilly, Sep 26, 2008

  2. Hillbilly

    bruce barker Guest

    microsoft product groups have trouble getting a newsgroup setup, so as most
    product groups now have a website, they just add a web based forum instead.
    for silverlight see:

    http://silverlight.net/forums/

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 26, 2008

  3. Write Steve. :)

    The groups, as Bruce has mentioned, have an easier time in the web space,
    where they can control their destiny than getting things on
    msnews.microsoft.com. It is owned by someone else.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 26, 2008
  4. Hillbilly

    Warren Tang Guest

    Hillbilly wrote:
    > Is Microsoft gradually killing off the newsgroups?

    Yeah, absolutely!
    Warren Tang, Sep 27, 2008
  5. Hillbilly

    Warren Tang Guest

    They don't say a timetable, but the migration is on the road.

    I hate that! I love newsgroups as a portal to all the communities I am
    interested in.

    While for forums, I have to type the URL, log-in, get used to different
    UI; then another URL, log in, get used to it... finally getting tired.

    Warren Tang, Sep 27, 2008