Wrap Lib file

Discussion in 'C++' started by Kenneth, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    Hi all,

    I got two library files (*.lib) and some header files which is written
    by ANSI C from a third party. Inside the header files, there are many
    struct, variables and methods declare inside. I am now want to use them in
    C#. I have been looking for a solution for a long time. I think the solution
    now is to wrap them into VC++ 6 dll and then use them in a Managed C++
    Project. Is my approach correct ?? Is there anyone whose can tell me the
    method to wrap those libraries into dll in VC++ 6. As I am a beginner in C++
    and there seems very few resources on this topic, it made me into a big
    trouble!

    Kenneth

    ~ ªÑ²¼»ù®æ¦³¤É¦³¶^, ¶R½æ­n¯à©Ó¾á­·ÀI ~

    ~ Samba, more than a low cost File and Printer server ~

    -- Let us OpenSource --
    Kenneth, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Kenneth wrote:
    > I got two library files (*.lib) and some header files which is written
    > by ANSI C from a third party. Inside the header files, there are many
    > struct, variables and methods declare inside. I am now want to use them in
    > C#.

    You realise that this is a C++ newsgroup, don't you? You need to ask
    about C# in a C# newsgroup: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp.
    C# is off-topic here.

    > I have been looking for a solution for a long time. I think the solution
    > now is to wrap them into VC++ 6 dll and then use them in a Managed C++
    > Project.

    Again, "Managed C++" is not C++ and as such is OT.

    > Is my approach correct ??

    There is no way to answer this in terms of C++ language.

    > Is there anyone whose can tell me the
    > method to wrap those libraries into dll in VC++ 6.

    DLLs are OT here since they are not part of C++ language. You should ask
    in a newsgroup dedicated to VC++ (microsoft.public.vc.language).

    > As I am a beginner in C++
    > and there seems very few resources on this topic, it made me into a big
    > trouble!

    You're not achieving anything by posting to a wrong newsgroup.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 25, 2005