Wrestling with the Py2exe Install, Win7, Py2.5

W. eWatson

I've finally decided to see if I could make an executable out of a py
file. Win7. Py2.5. I brought down the install file and proceeded with
the install. I got two warning messages. Forgot the first. The second
said,"Could not set the key value." I again used OK. I think that was
the only choice. It then issued a message in a larger dialog. It was
about setting a key, and pointed me to a log. It mentions a Removepy2exe -u

Although it finished, I have no idea where the program is. It does not
show up on the Start menu All Programs List nore my desktop. What's up?

I've had these messages (key) occur on other Python installs as I
transition to Win7. So far no problem.

mk

W. eWatson said:
I've finally decided to see if I could make an executable out of a py
file. Win7. Py2.5. I brought down the install file and proceeded with
the install. I got two warning messages. Forgot the first. The second
said,"Could not set the key value." I again used OK. I think that was
the only choice. It then issued a message in a larger dialog. It was
about setting a key, and pointed me to a log. It mentions a Removepy2exe -u

Although it finished, I have no idea where the program is. It does not
show up on the Start menu All Programs List nore my desktop. What's up?

I've had these messages (key) occur on other Python installs as I
transition to Win7. So far no problem.

You may want to consider dumping the thing and going for PyInstaller,
which in my experience is better and has friendly developer community
behind it.

Regards,
mk

mk

W. eWatson wrote:

P.S. I didn't really use PyInstaller on Windows, though -- just on
Linux, where it works beautifully.

Regards,
mk

W. eWatson

W. eWatson wrote:

P.S. I didn't really use PyInstaller on Windows, though -- just on
Linux, where it works beautifully.

Regards,
mk
Well,Ive made some progress with a py2exe tutorial. It starts with the
short "hello world!" program. But something stumbled right away in
setup.py. I'm on a mail list to sort this out.