write a file to as subfolder of a InetServer location

Thanh-Nhan Le

Hello,

I have an ASP application on IIS server:
http://localhost/myApp
I use ASP and a my own VB activex DLL to create a pdf file and write this
file to a subfolder of the Application folder:
http://localhost/myApp/pdfs

1-
Over IIS I have set the "write permission" for this subfolder.
But each time I receive the message: "Can't open output file (bad filename,
in use by other application)", error 0x80040202

2- a visual basic test application can call this DLL, generate and write the
file without problem to the folder

3- with ASP I generate the file in a normal folder (ie c:\temp), it works
Then my ASP page use FileSystemObject to copy this file to the folder
...MyApp/pdfs
When I call this page there is no error message, but the programm runs utils
the line, where FileSystemObject to copy the file to the folder, then it
stops there. The process is hung (dead). The file is not copied...

How can I do?

Thanks
Nhan

Anthony Jones

Thanh-Nhan Le said:
Hello,

I have an ASP application on IIS server:
http://localhost/myApp
I use ASP and a my own VB activex DLL to create a pdf file and write this
file to a subfolder of the Application folder:
http://localhost/myApp/pdfs

1-
Over IIS I have set the "write permission" for this subfolder.
But each time I receive the message: "Can't open output file (bad filename,
in use by other application)", error 0x80040202

The above step affects http access rights and is irrelevant to what you are
doing. The dll is accessing the folder via the windows file system.

Thanh-Nhan Le

yes, thanks,
can you tell me, how can I do it? I have tried it.
My system is window XP professional SP2

Tnanks

Anthony Jones

Thanh-Nhan Le said:
yes, thanks,
can you tell me, how can I do it? I have tried it.
My system is window XP professional SP2

In windows explorer navigate to the folder and right mouse click it. Select
properties from the menu. Click on the security tag. Click Add... If From
this location is not show the name of the machine click locations... click
on your machine name and click OK. Enter in box IUSR_<machinename>
(replacing <machinename> with the name of your machine). Click check names
and then OK. Make sure the IUSR_<machinename> is selected in the upper list
and make sure Modify and Read & Execute are checked in the lower list.
Click OK.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Thanh-Nhan Le

I knew this on windows NT 4. But on my machine I can see only 3 tabs:
General, Sharing und Customize
Somewhere,. something must be activated?
Please help

Thanks