    file, Excel opens that file in under 1-second.

    Thanks for any help!

    Dave
    David McCulloch, Jun 5, 2004

  2. http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/index.html

    Thomas Kellerer, Jun 5, 2004

  3. David McCulloch

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:39:14 -0500, "David McCulloch" <|@|.|> wrote or
    quoted :

    >QUESTION:
    >What options are available for writing a very simple Excel file from Java?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/excel.html it will point you to:

    see http://mindprod.com/products.html#CSV for a class to write simple
    comma-separated variable files.

    To write spreadsheets with embedded formulae, see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/poi.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 5, 2004
  4. David McCulloch

    bort Guest

    For a "very simple" excel file, all you need to do is set your delimiter to
    tabs ('\t') instead of commas, and save the file with an .xls extension.

    bort

    bort, Jun 6, 2004
  5. David McCulloch

    Liz Guest

    "bort" <> wrote in message

    > For a "very simple" excel file, all you need to do is set your delimiter

    > tabs ('\t') instead of commas, and save the file with an .xls extension.

    nope, the OP wants color

    Liz, Jun 7, 2004