    ASP to present this data on a web page. I also want the page to reload every
    10 seconds so that any updates to the text file would be relfected on the web
    page. Thanks in advance

    Roundy, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Roundy

    teknohippy Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:10:12 -0600, "Curt_C [MVP]"
    <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote:

    >which part is the issue?
    >
    >As for reading the file, how far have you gotten? Opening it? Reading it
    >all? Reading a line?
    >As for refreshing, have you tried? used the meta refresh?

    I got the feeling he hadn't started.

    --
    Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org

    teknohippy, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Roundy

    teknohippy Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:01:07 -0800, Roundy
    <> wrote:

    >My task seems so simple, but I can't seem to determine how to do what I want
    >to do.
    >
    >I have a text file that has two lines in it, the first line gives item
    >labels, my second line gives values for those labels. I would like to use
    >ASP to present this data on a web page. I also want the page to reload every
    >10 seconds so that any updates to the text file would be relfected on the web
    >page. Thanks in advance

    Use the FSO(File System Object) to open the file and read it in.

    Parse it in whatever way takes your fancy.

    Present it to the browser.

    Stick a 10 second meta refresh in the head.

    --
    Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org

    teknohippy, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Roundy

    Roundy Guest

    Re: Write information form a comma separated text file onto an ASP

    How do I write a meta refresh.

    Roundy, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Roundy

    Adrienne Guest

    Re: Write information form a comma separated text file onto an ASP

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?Um91bmR5?=
    <> writing in

    > "teknohippy" wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:01:07 -0800, Roundy
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My task seems so simple, but I can't seem to determine how to do what
    >> >I want to do.
    >> >
    >> >I have a text file that has two lines in it, the first line gives
    >> >item labels, my second line gives values for those labels. I would
    >> >like to use ASP to present this data on a web page. I also want the
    >> >page to reload every 10 seconds so that any updates to the text file
    >> >would be relfected on the web page. Thanks in advance

    >> Use the FSO(File System Object) to open the file and read it in.
    >>
    >> Parse it in whatever way takes your fancy.
    >>
    >> Present it to the browser.
    >>
    >> Stick a 10 second meta refresh in the head.
    >>

    > How do I write a meta refresh.

    Google <http://www.google.com/search?q=meta refresh&sourceid=opera&num=50
    &ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8> brought up 762,000 results for meta refresh.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Roundy

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    <> wrote:

    >My task seems so simple, but I can't seem to determine how to do what I want
    >to do.
    >
    >I have a text file that has two lines in it, the first line gives item
    >labels, my second line gives values for those labels. I would like to use
    >ASP to present this data on a web page. I also want the page to reload every
    >10 seconds so that any updates to the text file would be relfected on the web
    >page. Thanks in advance

    That's possibly not the best method, but if you're desperate:

    http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC...roviders.htm#OLEDBProviderForMicrosoftJetText

    From there, treat it like a database.

    Refresh:

    <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="10"
    </HEAD>

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Roundy

    teknohippy Guest

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:20:55 -0600, "Curt_C [MVP]"
    <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote:

    >exactly.... which is why I post the way I do sometimes :}
    >Make the user TRY first... that's my theory, otherwise we'd be writing it
    >for em, and if that's the case I want to get PAID

    Sometimes I internally struggle with the decision over whether to
    introduce their browser to google, or a bat to their face :)

    If you know what I mean :)

    <grins>

    Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org

    teknohippy, Feb 4, 2005