Write permissions??

Cam

Can anyone help?

I am running asp pages linked to an Access database (2000 file format) on a
web site which works fine, both on the internet and on my local IIS.
My client has downloaded all the files to his laptop and the site falls over
whenever it tries to 'execute' update, delete or insert.
It's like he does not have write permission, but we have checked his
configuration against mine for Access and IIS and can see no difference.
I am running XP Pro SP2 and he is on SP1 - That is the only difference we
can find.
We have checked all the obvious (in my limited knowledge) things like files
are not set to read only etc.

One of the error he gets is "Operation must use an updateable query" but in
every case the query is trying to write direct to a table and I understand
that this error occurs when one tries to update a query with a calculated
field or similar.

TIA

Clive Moss

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Cam said:
[...]

No, that's not the only cause.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2062

Cam

That has solved it - it was the folder permissions way up the tree
somewhere.

Thanks, Bob

Clive Moss