writeBytes hanging on SSL connection?

Joshua Jung

I currently have what I once thought was working code for an SSL
client/server connection.

Its simple, straightforward "from-the-book" code, but for some reason,
whenever I try to send something from the server socket's data stream to
the client, the writeBytes (or writeUTF) method hangs. It's like its
blocking waiting for something.

To make things weirder, the client can send any data to the server just
fine.

Why would writeUTF or writeBytes hang like that?

Josh <><

EJP

Write on any socket will block if the reader isn't reading, once you
have filled up the socket send buffer.