Writer required for indented XML output?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ian Pilcher, Aug 14, 2005.

  1. Ian Pilcher

    Ian Pilcher Guest

    I am using the technique mentioned on this page to create indented XML
    output with Sun's Java 1.5.0_04:

    It seems to work, but using a Writer seems both inefficient and error-
    prone (for the reasons mentioned in the StreamResult Javadoc). In my
    very limited testing, omitting the writer and creating a StreamResult
    directly from an OutputStream seems to work OK.

    Does anyone know what "'buggy' behavior" is being referred to? I've
    checked the referenced forum thread, and there's no relevant
    information.

    Thanks!

    Ian Pilcher
    Ian Pilcher, Aug 14, 2005