Writing a custom section handler for browserCaps

Andy Emmerson via .NET 247

Hi

I am looking to write a custom section handler so that I can populate the MobileCapabilities object from my our custom data rather than the browserCaps section in machine.config.
From my understanding (limited) it looks like you can implement the IConfigurationSectionHandler and use the IConfigurationSectionHandler.Create to intercept this functionality.
It looks like I need to return a MobileCapabilities object from this function. How do I create and return this object? All the properties of MobileCapabilities are read only and I can't seem to find any documentation about doing such a thing.

Ideally I would like to take a look at the source code for System.Web.Mobile.MobileDeviceCapabilitiesSectionHandler. This would help me out no end but this is not present in the source code provided by Rotor (SSCLI).

Any help on overriding mobilecapabilities without having to edit the machine.config would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John Saunders

Andy Emmerson via .NET 247 said:
Hi

I am looking to write a custom section handler so that I can populate the
MobileCapabilities object from my our custom data rather than the
browserCaps section in machine.config.

Is there any way at all for you to populate MobileCapabilities from
something other than the normal browserCaps section?