Writing a custom serializer for Axis

alice.barsse

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a nice tutorial explaining how to write a custom
serializer for Axis in Java ?
I need to write a serializer to handle a type of structure NOT handled
by Axis's own framework : my WSDL contains a "xsd:choice"
construct...I'm using axis 1.2.1, and the generated stub code does not
handle the choice at all (as expected after consulting the Axis
homepage).

I have found some "examples" but they are raw code and don't explain
choices made in the deployment descriptor (WSDD file) for namespaces
and such, what is optional (do I really need to write a deserializer if
it's not used ?, can Serializer.writeSchema() return null ?), nor how
the serializer is called (serializer directly called, or only factory
?).

I'm not posting code yet because I hope that somewhere there is a bit
of "how to" documentation on this.

Cheers,
Alice.