    Cheers,
    David

    , Dec 7, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I would like to write a program that can send and receive HTTP
    > requests. Basically the first page received from the server will
    > contain a form and I want the user to be able to enter form data via my
    > app and then send the request off to the server.
    >
    > I know about developing java applications, but have had very little
    > experience with dealing with HTTP requests in Java. Can anyone point me
    > to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

    For the client-side, Jakarta HTTPClient class is very good.
    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
    (I've had problems accessing this site recently, though)
    --
    RĂ©mi Bastide
    http://liihs.irit.fr/bastide

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=E9mi?= Bastide, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Viator Guest

    Have a look at

    jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

    Amit :)

    Viator, Dec 7, 2005

    Ah, this looks like it could be the crisp monkey. The java sun tutorial
    didn't quite have enough depth, but after a quick dally whatsananny,
    the jakarta site looks like it might have everything I need.

    Many thanks.

    , Dec 7, 2005
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    On 7 Dec 2005 05:51:33 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    > Can anyone point me
    >to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

    by far the best book is Core Web Programming by Marty Hall.
    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cgi.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 7, 2005