Writing a Java application to send/receive HTTP Requests

davidjdoherty

Hi,
I would like to write a program that can send and receive HTTP
requests. Basically the first page received from the server will
contain a form and I want the user to be able to enter form data via my
app and then send the request off to the server.

I know about developing java applications, but have had very little
experience with dealing with HTTP requests in Java. Can anyone point me
to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

Cheers,
David

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=E9mi?= Bastide

Hi,
I would like to write a program that can send and receive HTTP
requests. Basically the first page received from the server will
contain a form and I want the user to be able to enter form data via my
app and then send the request off to the server.

I know about developing java applications, but have had very little
experience with dealing with HTTP requests in Java. Can anyone point me
to a good tutorial, example or resource that could give me the basics?

For the client-side, Jakarta HTTPClient class is very good.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
(I've had problems accessing this site recently, though)

davidjdoherty

Ah, this looks like it could be the crisp monkey. The java sun tutorial
didn't quite have enough depth, but after a quick dally whatsananny,
the jakarta site looks like it might have everything I need.

Many thanks.