writing a kiosk-style display in Java

gwlucas07

I have an opportunity to do a kiosk-style display and would like to do
it in Java. Can anyone point me in the right direction for an approach
to doing so.

Basically, I would want a window with no decorations that can totally
take over control of the display, keyboard, and mouse.

Even better would be the ability to operate a touch-based interface.
Does anyone know if there is support for doing so in java?

Gary

softwarepearls_com

I have an opportunity to do a kiosk-style display and would like to do
it in Java. Can anyone point me in the right direction for an approach
to doing so.

Basically, I would want a window with no decorations that can totally
take over control of the display, keyboard, and mouse.

Even better would be the ability to operate a touch-based interface.
Does anyone know if there is support for doing so in java?

Gary

The touch-based aspect is normally a function of the screen's support
for this kind of interaction. As far as the software is concerned, it
just sees mouse events. I've worked on a Swing application that used a
touch screen.. the only thing we had to do was use bigger fonts and
bigger buttons.. that's about it.

John B. Matthews

softwarepearls_com said:
The touch-based aspect is normally a function of the screen's support
for this kind of interaction. As far as the software is concerned, it
just sees mouse events. I've worked on a Swing application that used a
touch screen.. the only thing we had to do was use bigger fonts and
bigger buttons.. that's about it.

Here's more on full-screen mode:

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/extra/fullscreen/exclusivemode.html>