Writing a perl file comparison program

Kulvinder Mall

Hi

I want to write perl utility to compare two text files.

The files will contain text in following format below.

I want to be able to compare the files and report on differences.

Rather than reinventing wheel can somebody throw me some pointers.

Cheers
Kulvinder

/* ----------------- GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_FW ----------------- */

insert_job: GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_FW job_type: f
box_name: GFSD_FEEDBOX
machine: njgfsprd1
#owner: gfsprd
permission: gx,gw
if it fails."
watch_file: $GFSROOT/ftp/SUPremium.txt
watch_interval: 60
alarm_if_fail: 1
profile: /home/gfsprd/profiles/gfs

/* ----------------- GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_LOAD_BJ ----------------- */

insert_job: GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_LOAD_BJ job_type: c
box_name: GFSD_FEEDBOX
command: $GFSROOT/bin/tws_premiums_load.csh
machine: njgfsprd1
#owner: gfsprd
permission: gx,gw
condition: s(GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_FW)
see GFSD_Box for callout info."
std_out_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.out
std_err_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.err
alarm_if_fail: 1
profile: /home/gfsprd/profiles/gfs

John W. Krahn

Kulvinder said:
I want to write perl utility to compare two text files.

The files will contain text in following format below.

I want to be able to compare the files and report on differences.

Rather than reinventing wheel can somebody throw me some pointers.

perldoc File::Compare

John