Writing a perl file comparison program

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Kulvinder Mall, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I want to write perl utility to compare two text files.

    The files will contain text in following format below.

    I want to be able to compare the files and report on differences.

    Rather than reinventing wheel can somebody throw me some pointers.

    Cheers
    Kulvinder

    /* ----------------- GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_FW ----------------- */

    insert_job: GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_FW job_type: f
    box_name: GFSD_FEEDBOX
    machine: njgfsprd1
    #owner: gfsprd
    permission: gx,gw
    if it fails."
    watch_file: $GFSROOT/ftp/SUPremium.txt
    watch_interval: 60
    alarm_if_fail: 1
    profile: /home/gfsprd/profiles/gfs

    /* ----------------- GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_LOAD_BJ ----------------- */

    insert_job: GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_LOAD_BJ job_type: c
    box_name: GFSD_FEEDBOX
    command: $GFSROOT/bin/tws_premiums_load.csh
    machine: njgfsprd1
    #owner: gfsprd
    permission: gx,gw
    condition: s(GFSD_TWS_PREMIUM_FW)
    see GFSD_Box for callout info."
    std_out_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.out
    std_err_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.err

    Kulvinder Mall, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Kulvinder Mall wrote:

    > I want to write perl utility to compare two text files.
    >
    > The files will contain text in following format below.
    >
    > I want to be able to compare the files and report on differences.
    >
    > Rather than reinventing wheel can somebody throw me some pointers.

    perldoc File::Compare

    John
    --
    use Perl;