    http://groups.google.com.br/group/s...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&start=20&sa=N#717d23edddbb2b38

    Any ideas?
    Robert

    robert, May 22, 2006

  2. robert

    steve Guest

    On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:56:54 +0800, robert wrote
    (in article <>):

    groups%3Fq%3Dport%2Bscan%2Bjava%26hl%3Dpt-BR%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-
    8
    > %26start%3D20%26sa%3DN#717d23edddbb2b38

    dreadful code

    it should be threaded, not scan a host in a loop.

    also it needs some stealth code, as any firewall would pick up it's attempt
    to port scan.

    Steve

    steve, May 22, 2006

  3. robert

    EJP Guest

    robert wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to find all the machines on a subnet that have a particular UDP
    > port open - a snmp program using UDP, not TCP, off of port 8001 but I
    > suppose that may not matter.
    >
    > I've seen some full projects but really I'm looking for a simple class
    > or open source API. I found this one, though a bit dated - need to
    > check if it can do UDP:

    It can't, and it's a pretty poor attempt anyway. Also it scans all TCP
    ports on a single host, the opposite of what you want to do.

    Do you know the application protocol that is used on the port? If not,
    you can't necessarily do this task *at all*, as you will have to provoke
    each UDP server into sending you a reply somehow (there being no UDP
    connect protocol).

    EJP, May 23, 2006