Writing a Simple SOAP Client

junk6

Hi

I'm having problems finding a basic tutorial on writing a SOAP client
in Ruby (and getting what I have found to work). This isn't a Rails
thing, just a command-line client.

So far, I have:

require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
factory = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new('http://my.domain.com/wsdl.wsdl')
soap = factory.create_driver
soapResponse = soap.getWidget:)widgetName => 'my-widget')

(where getWidget is a SOAP method which takes an argument called
widgetName which must be a string).

This seems to work fine until the last line, where I get told that
"TypeError: cannot convert Hash into String".

How do I call my getWidget method?

The getWidget method returns a stream of bytes (a byte[] in
JWS-speak)---how do I get at those bytes once the method has returned?

Thanks in advance